Sunday, December 27, 2009

12/27 - First Christmas -Toby is 3 months!


Toby had his first Christmas!  It was fun to have him this year, and I know it will be even more exciting for him next year.  Adam and I got Toby a walker that looks like a hot rod, but to be honest...we haven't even taken it out of the box.  He also got some clothes and a toy for his carrier as well, but I didn't wrap them!  I know I'm terrible...but it seemed like a waste for him to not be able to open...does that make me a bad mom??  Don't answer that!  I have to say that just having him there is the most special part of a baby's first Christmas.  I can always look back and know that he was there, he was happy, and most of all he was healthy.  The three of us went to Mom and Dad's house for Christmas Eve and the night after.  It really felt like a vacation :)  Mom and Dad gave Toby a little hand-made wooden train that one of our members had made and donated to the bazaar.  I thought it was so neat!  Mom also had a blanket that she had bought for me at the bazaar while she was expecting me.  Great idea Mom!


I can't believe it has been 3 months (tomorrow).  As you can see in the pic he is growing so fast.  He is really holding his head up so well now!  ECI has been working with us.  A therapist came to the house and played with Toby the other day.  It really seems like Toby is keeping up with all of his development.  I am so proud of him.  Right now there isn't anything slowing him down.  Our biggest obstacle at the moment is just keeping his casts from sliding off!  His feet are getting so straight that they keep popping right off.  Toby will go have another round of Dr visits this week.  He has a CT scan and an appointment witht he neuro-surgeon on Tues.  I'll let you know how it goes.  By the way...Adam got a flip video camera for Christmas so we will try to do a video blog starring the little charmer soon!  Happy Holidays to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment